Wednesday, October 26, 2005

All Eyes On The Whitehouse


The pressure cooker is left on for another day and the pundits are feeling the heat. It's funny to watch anyone who steps up to or clips on a mic these days. The responses range from everybody within a four square block radius of the Whitehouse being indicted to no one being indicted - even if they did commit perjury.

The Blogopool is just as much of a fun zone right now. It reminds me of the time when I was a kid, waiting in line outside the theater on the opening day of Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. I was with my parents and a friend they let me bring along. There was a low hum of electricity that was generated by the excited crowd, everyone was chatting and giggling. I overheard little stories that were pure speculation, like Han Solo and Chewbacca joining the Imperial Forces. Traitors?! Impossible! I thought. I heard other stories that sounded plausible but didn't pan out. Then there was the moment when a couple exiting the previous showing walked right by the line and said loudly and unintentionally "Wow! I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!". A good portion of the line wanted to lynch them, including me.

That is how it is here where people blog. People on both the left and right are nervous with anticipation. There has been almost a good two weeks of pure down time while we wait for the indictments. Sure, some verified leaks have come in and stirred the pool even more, but for the most part it has been an environment for everyone to share their opinion.

Some people, like myself, have found humor - mixed with facts - to be a good avenue. Alot of the humor (read: Fitzmas) has been at the expense of the right, but I accept that as well. For too long the left has been in the doghouse. Pushed and held there for various reasons, we have not had much to find solace in. Now that there is a glimmer, no, a bright shaft of intense light, we can't help but bask in it.