Sunday, November 13, 2005

"Libby May Have Tried to Mask Cheney's Role"


Nothing really new here other than it's good to see the Washington Post keeping the heat on this story. I like the way these two snips are easy to digest for folks that may not be following this thing closely.

From the beginning of the article:
"Libby said that, when he told other reporters about the CIA operative and her marriage to Iraq war critic Joseph C. Wilson IV, he believed he had first learned the information from Tim Russert of NBC News and was merely passing along journalistic hearsay. This was an explanation made dubious by Libby's own notes, which showed that he previously had learned about Plame from his boss, Cheney."
And then from the end of the same article:
"Russert, Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper and Judith Miller of the New York Times all testified about their conversations with Libby. All contradicted Libby."
-:::-

Dr. Evil:
Mini Me, if I ever lost you I don't know what I would do.

[pauses]
Dr. Evil: I would probably move on, get another clone but there would be a 15 minute period there where I would just be inconsolable.